We have moved into our new home in Hong Kong recently!
To celebrate this special occasion, I’ve decided to whip up a meal for us. Even though this was my first time cooking a proper 3-course dinner, I was very sure that I could nail it. 😉
This particular dish that I’m sharing today is a very simple to do.
AND it is absolutely delicious.
Use it to impress your partner, family, and friends!
Recipe: Steamed Herbal Chicken with Essence of Chicken
- 2-3 Chicken Drumsticks / Chicken Thighs / Half Chicken
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 5 tablespoons of Hua Diao Wine (花雕酒 Hua Diao Jiu)
- 1 tablespoon of Wolfberry Fruit (枸杞子 Gou Ji Zi)
- 10-12 pieces of Radix Angelicae Sinensis (当归 Dang Gui)
- 1 bottle of Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps
- Sprinkle salt on chicken meat
- Marinate chicken with all ingredients except Essence of Chicken for an hour
- Steam the marinated chicken on high heat for 10 minutes
- Add the Essence of Chicken to the chicken, continue to steam for another 10 minutes
- Ready to serve! 😉
Total Time Required:
- 1 hour for marinating
- 20 minutes to cook
I never liked the taste of Essence of Chicken since I was young, but this dish blew my mind.
We loved it so much that we have to share this goodness.
If you have any questions, have tried this recipe, or have a better recipe to share, do tell us in the comment box.
With love & a bottomless pit,